Sunday, March 29, 2009

Golden Gai part 1

When I last left off we were leaving the batting cage in search of sustenance and booze.  Naturally, we found both.  Unfortunately, and what would eventually lead to my undoing, we found much less of the prior than the latter.  In the interim between leaving the cages and winding up in this cozy little bar we managed to get our hands on some fried Japanese cuisine, a few mugs of beer, and another half pint of whisky (this time opting for the tried and true: Johnny Walker Red).  By the time we waltzed into this bar I was already a little sloppy as I had been suffering from a mean case of the hungry's all day long and truly did not have enough fuel in the tank for the sheer magnitude of the impending bender.  So that brings us up to speed, too much booze and not enough food.


This young Salary Man was named Takouya...(or some variation there of.  I think between Sean, Rachel, and myself he wound up having about 10 different names.)  He was a very pleasant young man who seemed to enjoy partying with us, perhaps for no other reason than he was at least as drunk as we were and were not to discerning in our choice of company.



Ever the pensive.


I believe at this point Takouya and myself were exchanging contact information.  I still have the sheet of paper with said info on it, but fluid saturation, poor handwriting, and the language barrier have made it virtually undecipherable.


Ah.  God bless this patient soul for whom we gave so many reasons to 86 us.


Truth be told, I think they rather enjoyed our company and indulged most of our silly requests for photos.

Glamour Shotz


getting some sake behind the bar...


Rock meets Peace


This was the first sign of a devilish grin that would surface time and time again throughout the evening.


There's nothing more empowering than embracing a pretty lady.


And this is where things really began to go south for our hero... 

To be continued...

Stay tuned.

No comments: