Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fake Baseball

Hey Folks!  Thanks for still coming by the old web address after a month of unexplained absences.  When we last left off, I was at the Incheon International Airport detailing the fancy get-ups all the Korean flight attendants were wearing and waiting to fly into Japan.  Well, I made it... at times barely.  Some highlights include getting blacked out my first night in Tokyo and almost getting my passport stolen from my hotel room, wrestling in my underwear, seeing a bum jerkoff in a cardboard box,  all you can drink beer, Japanese speakeasies, puking 45 stories in the sky, Japanese Rock & Roll and spending the night passed out in Kareoke parlors.  Most of this would not have been possible without the selfless help of my friend from college, Toku.  He was our omniscient & benevolent tour guide without whom, few of the awesome things we experienced would have been possible.  Domo Arigato Gozaimas, Toku-san!  

Here are some pics of our first night in Tokyo.  We were in the Golden Gai section of Shinjuku.  After procuring some 3 dollar half pints of Suntory whisky Sean, Rachel and I made for the town in search of trouble and adventure.  We found both.  

These pics are merely an aside, a short pit stop before things got weird.


Big Liquor, son.

These were coin operated batting cages complete with virtual, pixalated pitchers.  


3 bucks scored you 25 pitches.


Given the recent Japanese victory in the World Baseball Cup, I suppose you could say that these are some of the best virtual pitchers in the world.


Proper form is crucial


They were all home runs.  I swear to God.

Stay Tuned.

2 comments:

erin & scott said...

It's nice to have you back.

Crescent Fresh said...

man i would kill for some batting cage action right now